Black & White Cupcakes (vegan)
There is a saying one of my dearest friend told me ..
"Never trust a person who doesn't LOVE Chocolate” so this recipe is for chocolate lovers ????????
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES Black & White Cupcakes! Or
Tuxedo Cupcakes (my daughter told me to name it this)!!
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Cake: makes 12 approx. cupcakes
* 2 cups white spelt flour or 1 cup white spelt and 1 cup whole grain spelt
* ½ cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 cup coconut palm sugar
* ½ scant tsp salt
* 1.5 cups non-dairy milk, divided
* ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chips or bar (semi sweet chips, or dark chocolate for dark/bittersweet cake)
* ¼ cup sunflower oil
* 1 tsp vinegar(apple cider vinegar or white vinegar)
* 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp maple extract
* 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds
* 1 tsp coffee extract (optional)
* 3 tbsp maple syrup
* ½ cup non-dairy milk (I use coconut milk)
* 1 cup or more non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate like Enjoy Life
* ½ tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp coffee extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients for the cake really well.
2. In another bowl, heat 1 cup of non-dairy milk (heat on stove top) remove from stove and add chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and ½ cup non-dairy milk and mix in until smooth..
3. Add the dry to the wet and mix to make a smooth batter.
4. Transfer batter to cupcake pan lined with cupcake paper
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes. or until toothpick from the center comes out clean. Do not overbake as the cupcakes can get dry.
6. Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and cool on the rack.
1. Heat the non-dairy milk + sugar in a pan over medium heat, until just about hot. Mix well. Add in the chocolate, mix once and take the pan off heat. Keep mixing until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Add in the vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Make a small hole in center and fill the center with around 2tsp. each of ganache leave for 10 minutes until set.
4. Mix 1/2 of the ganache with half vegan buttercream
5. Drizzle some of the ganache on one icing.
Dairy Free Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
Makes: About 1 cup of frosting
What you'll need:
1 /2 cup Earth Balance Coconut Spread Soy Free , softened
1/2 cup palm shortening
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cup icing sugar
Mix all ingredients together for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
Separate in half of buttercream in separate bowls
Mix half with 1/2 ganache recipe above..
Place 1/2 chocolate frosting vertically in a pastry bag then the other half vanilla buttercream in the same pastry bag side by side in a vertical position with a round tip.. Pipe buttercream on each cupcake then drizzle with ganache..
Voila, you’re done!!
"Yes you can have your health and eat cake too"! .... In moderation, of course! :)
Personalized by Chef WELLington
WELLness Coach Chef
I love taking recipes and personalized it to suite my pallet!
So I would like to thank creative people who help inspire and bring out the creative side of us!!
Delicious Blessings Always ...to Vegan Richa and Tiffany xo
Recipes Derive from;
http://www.allergyfreefood.ca/recipe-box/dairy-free-vanilla-buttercream-frosting ...(yum Tiffany!)
http://www.veganricha.com/2016/02/vegan-chocolate-cake-with-chocolate-peanut-butter-ganache.html (Love this original recipe also!)